Friday, January 15, 2010

Polished: Wet n Wild in Jade + LA Girl Flare in Turquoise

I have a habit of painting my nails 2 different colours - one colour on each hand. Two of my favourite brights are greens and blues, so this was my winter look for a few weeks. I had Wet n Wild in Jade on my left hand and LA Girl Flare in Turquoise on my right.

Jade is a really beautiful green shade that reminds me of grasshoppers. Wet n Wild dries really fast and doesn't like to chip, so it's the perfect $2 nail polish. I bought this bottle at Walgreens. I love the bottle design. It's sleek, chic, and vintage. Adorable.


Turquoise is very turquoise indeed. LA Girl nail polishes can be found in Forever21 stores and are $2.80 a pop. Not bad for matte shades (or glittery ones, which they have stocked). I like this blue because it's well-pigmented with one coat, unlike NYC sheer, watery polishes. I would definitely try other LA Girl polishes (I'm dying to try a matte mauve).

(Messy just after painting)

Both of these polishes lasted very well for 2 weeks or so. Worth every dollar :)

1 comments:

Oreleona March 26, 2011 at 5:19 PM   said...

i love them both! esp the blue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...