Sunday, August 1, 2010

FOTD: Mine Are Real

Derivation of the title = I'm a dork. "Mine Are Real" are all words that can be made from the word "mineral" hehe. It also emphasizes the natural products I'm using today. I wanted to do a FOTD using my ELF Mineral goodies I ordered. After dealing with cakey oily liquid foundations all summer, I decided it's probably better to try pampering my skin with the good stuff for a while. Given, ELF may not be the best mineral makeup in the world, but it's all paraben-free and works just as well as the Everyday Minerals I've tried in the past.

I will do a thorough review on these later with swatches. For the most part, I was afraid they would be too light after all summer. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it blended into my skintone. The only problem I noticed right away was the drying and flaking I got on the skin between my nose and cheeks. I'm sure once my skin stops trumping the Sahara Desert, it will be okay. It could also just be that I put on too many layers of boosters and concealer. These minerals made my skin feel so supple and soft and made my pores vanish. My skin feels awesome and like it's barely wearing makeup at all.

No matter how much concealer I used though, the powder just wouldn't cover up dark acne scars, so I suggest using something heavier to conceal. I just wanted to show the coverage power of these mineral products alone, so you will still see some of my blemishes. I skipped heavy eyeliner, mascara, and left my brows not filled-in for utmost au naturale. No matter, my skin looks quite nice in flash photos. However, in person, the powder coverage is quite light and won't really cover my dark blue veins or spots fully.

I am so in love with these Mineral Eyeshadows! They are so pigmented with super fine shimmer and so blendable. They have matte ones available but I love me some bedazzlin' hahaha. I just applied a little bit and the colours already show amazingly. I'm sure with wet application these will turn out even prettier.

I love the lipgloss too. It's Michael Todd Creme Glace in Disco sent to me in a love package by the sweet Nikki : ) I love it so much! I look like a freak show if I wear bright reds or barbie pinks, so I'm actually really lucky to be able to pull off a dark plum vampy colour. I only dabbed on a little bit and blended it out so it looks more berry. With full coverage, the colour is wayyy darker. I will be sure to feature Nikki's love package and more of the lipgloss later :D

Products used (EM = ELF Mineral):
EM SPF 15 Foundation in Light
EM SPF 15 Concealer in Light
EM Blemish Kit in Clear
EM Mineral Booster in Sheer
EM Blush in Plum
EM E/S in Confident all over lid
EM E/S in Socialite on outer V
Applied with ELF Mineral Blemish Brush, ELF Studio Contour Brush, 
ELF Studio Kabuki Brush, ELF  C Eyeshadow Brush
ELF Brightening Eye Liner in Black to tightline
Michael Todd Creme Glace Lipgloss in Disco, 
lightly dotted on and blended (thank you so much Nikki!)

Please refrain from using flash photography during the performance. It blinds the poor kids on the stage. Flash photography is to be used for camwhoring purposes only. (At least the first part was always put in the programs for orchestra concerts haha). Basically, all these photos are taken with flash.
Excuse the bloodshot eyes and crappy eyeliner. Look at that shine power!
I love the glow this mineral powder gives your skin. No highlighter, can you believe it?
One of my favourites:
I love my skunk brush :D It's only $3 USD ($1.50 is what I paid for it fu fu fu)
In lamp lighting: 
Last but not least, I give you ... Mineral Metropolis! Hahaha I was bored and made a stack with all the packages of mineral makeup I hauled this time. Imposing, eh? All this for about $30 USD shipped. Not bad! It should last me a longggg time and improve my skin in the meantime. 
Stay beautiful, loves! I will review all these mineral products in more detail later. I can't wait to use the other shadows too. Zen blogging break is over, back to hitting those books! I know you guys are probably thinking "Man, she really doesn't care about getting a good score now" hahaha but blogging just helps me de-stress and keep chugging : ) Burnout is the most dangerous thing to experience right before a huge exam so I'm going to keep calm and keep learning!

P.S. Can you believe it's already August!? I'm dreading my MCAT exam in 4 days but I'm sooo pumped for finally deserving my relaxation and frolicking in the sun before starting an awesome new school year. I'm ready to learn all about BRAINSSS (I wish I were a Zombie major - that would be so legit) in my Neuroscience courses and get some volunteering on at the hospital. I have high hopes! What do you have planned for this month? Hopefully tons of fun in the sun~ :D

22 comments:

Libby August 1, 2010 at 4:25 PM   said...

I want me some mineral makeup!! I'm thinking I'm gonna try this now. It looks so flawless and light!

Hehe your warning on flash photography had me laughing. I'm glad you can still be humorous with your test coming up. You'll do great! :D

Liana August 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM   said...

haha angie you are so awesome! you're too funny :P
you look great au naturale, wish i could pull it off! that eyeshadow is gorgeous, love how shimmery it is! and your skin looks flawless-blemishes? what blemishes?
good luck on your test, i'm sure you'll do great!!

Sydney's Fashion Diary August 1, 2010 at 6:42 PM   said...

I like your natural look. I do like to wear too much makeup. This look is perfect for summer. I love your eye shadow too :)
---------------------------------------------
If you are petite, visit PetiteLittleGirl for a review of designer petite denim

Unknown August 1, 2010 at 9:25 PM   said...

I agree. Using mineral makeup to look good as well as to improve the skin condition is so important! though I have to say your skin is beautiful already. The mineral makeup makes your skin looks super healthy, i like! and I love love love those eye shadows. I am definitely gonna check them out next time ordering from ELF. Thanks for the review! can't wait to read more! xo

Anonymous August 1, 2010 at 10:22 PM   said...

I tried mineral makeup on my hand before and it sparkled like a fake vampire so I didn't buy it. xD I duno if it's just me, but I don't see any sparkles on you, only glow :3
GL on MCAT, so sooon... I have a piano exam on the 11th and then I'll be freeeee too :D
ps. I saw the sidebar "Shop Bows" <33333

Ping August 1, 2010 at 10:26 PM   said...

angie you look hot! i love the simple makeup & colors. did you do something different to your hair...or did i miss a post? it looks great.

Unknown August 1, 2010 at 11:58 PM   said...

You look gorgeous! Loved this post! I am too scared to do a FOTD....LOL

Nikki August 2, 2010 at 12:22 AM   said...

You should try Heidi Yi's mineral foundations, concealers & blushes. They have great pigmentation, however, it is a bit on the pricey side. But I blogged about it & did a review if you wanna check it out :D Also, Glad you like the lip gloss ;) It looks absolutely gorgeous on you! You definitely pulled it off like a true G! LOVED IT!!

Also, thanks for your comment on my post :D I love the shirt! so SNSD-esque! lolol

fifi August 2, 2010 at 5:38 AM   said...

wow I really like your lipstick :)

♥Bunny♥ August 2, 2010 at 7:20 AM   said...

Ooooooo!! Love this post! You look sooo gorgeous! THat brush does look nice... I use to use mineral make-up, but don't remember why i stop using them... Hmmmm :S

It gives you such a lovely glow! You're gorgeous ;)

Oreleona August 2, 2010 at 3:15 PM   said...

wow they changed the packaging for elf minerals. your FOTD is beautiful!!! i also love elf eyeshadows!!! theyre so pigmented!! even better than bare minerals and cheaper :p

~KawaiiParadise~ August 2, 2010 at 5:01 PM   said...

good luck with the mcat ^^. Gorgeous pictures btw ^^. Hehe, yes I love chapstick (my obsession) and I actually just wear Nivea chapstick. Not too expensive and good quality ^^.
~Eek the haul XD
~XOXO Charlotte

Dylana Suarez August 2, 2010 at 7:31 PM   said...

The eyeshadow is beautiful!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Ken August 2, 2010 at 11:49 PM   said...

u have nice eyemakeup. the shadowing maikes it very sexy

Ashley Dy August 3, 2010 at 8:49 AM   said...

Awesome haul!!! Would love to see you try on those. Good luck to your exam, Angie!

noone August 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM   said...

I've been using ELF's "Elegant" color mineral eyeshadow, I do like it a lot! and you look lovely. yeah I got those annoying dark scars from acne too, it's hard to find stuff that will actually conceal it!

Teresa August 4, 2010 at 11:15 AM   said...

Hi! Your blog header is so cute! I can't believe you got all that for $30! That's a steal! :)

♥ Teresa ♥

Anonymous August 5, 2010 at 5:34 AM   said...

the minereal powder looks great on you! Im loving mineral powder too right now. the lip colour is very pretty you too. gd luck with your exam!

Unknown August 5, 2010 at 3:44 PM   said...

Hello It is me again! Just wanted to let you know I have tagged you in my most recent post for a game. Come check it out if you are interested. I am going to place an order from ELF tonight since they are doing $2 shipping and get those eye shadows.. too pretty on you!

rebeca.cd August 5, 2010 at 7:21 PM   said...

Nice look

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

Unknown August 6, 2010 at 2:16 AM   said...

im a new follower~ love the eyeshadow here~ :D

hope you could follow back :D

http://carizzachua.blogspot.com

Princess Feef August 9, 2010 at 5:19 AM   said...

loving the ELF kabuki brush ,, wish i can find one here ,, =S

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...