Sunday, August 8, 2010

The White & Stripes

Today I woke up after 6 hours of sleep naturally. Why couldn't my body keep up like this during cram season? Haha I guess the more you use your brain the more rest it needs. I decided to try out a nearby theatre, Reading Cinemas Carmel Mountain instead of the big IMAX/3D one in Mira Mesa. This one is directly across the street from Borders and is smaller but still has great big screens. I loved that the theatre was nearly empty because I was so absorbed into the events of the film I was watching ... INCEPTION. All the hype is so true! The plot was so complex and acting so well-done, I really have to applaud Dicaprio, Ellen Page, and the rest of the cast (yes, I did stare at her ill-fitting suit too) for their outstanding performances. If you haven't seen this yet, it's a must! I like movies that make you think and think and think long after the final blackout vanishes from your mental projection screen. I find that the worse the preview, the better the actual film. I wasn't interested in Inception at all until it came out and people started hypeing it xD I give it 5/5 stars!

I wore this cozy and casual chic outfit to the theatre and did some walking and meandering through stores before the 2:10 movie started. I peaked inside Marshall's for the first time but they didn't have nude pumps or any shoes on sale that fit me. I walked all the way down to the Claire's by Barnes & Noble and managed to rub blisters on my little toes : ( As I always say, beauty is pain! I found these really cute hot pink frame, clear lens big nerd glasses but they were $8.50. That's just not a good investment if I'm only going to wear them .. twice? xD If I can find something similar at Forever 21 I'll nab it and use for other nerdy outfits and goofing around. I did pick up this adorable white purse with ruffles today for $14. That's not bad considering it's probably cheaper than anything I can find even at F21 along these lines. I love it as a medium sized handbag. The straps don't keep falling down so far - which is a must for me. I usually prefer shoulder bags simply because I put it on and forget about it, never having to worry about constantly pushing the straps back up. Low maintenance is key.

This skirt I picked up from my haul yesterday (was it only yesterday? I still can't believe it's only been 2 days since my MCAT) for $11.80. It's a Small but the waistband gaps a tiny bit. I wish it could be half an inch tighter xD The left side has the hidden mini zipper (I actually hate those flimsy little zippers that always snag/break) and this skirt has 2 pockets! They're quite deep and sturdy and I can put all sorts of things in them - phone, camera, batteries, Loch Ness monster. It is a bit short for my comfort but it's not obscenely inappropriate so it's nice for summer/fall transition because it's a thicker heavier cotton material.

The huge turquoise long necklace I hauled from a F21 online purchase a while ago. It has double chains and has gold wire wrapping the stone. I think it's really pretty and can decorate any simple basic top. I finally get to show off the Varsity Boyfriend Cardigan too! I got all three colours and I took the grey one out for a spin in the SoCal heat. I was sweating like crazy walking around in the shopping plaza but it was perfect for shooting these outfits pictures in the setting sun. Speaking of which, I had to race the sunlight today! I normally take pictures around 11 AM or 4 PM but today I shot at around 7 PM. When the sun dips below the mountains it goes from being bathed in golden rays to dull grey in a heartbeat. This explains the random transition in lighting for my photos. I brightened the ones after the sun said goodbye. Also, for lazy panda like me, I figured out that my mini tripod's head can rotate sideways and take vertical shots! Yay for no cropping : ) It took me a while to adjust to the new location because I had to go all the way to the bottom of the stairs where the sunlight was still full-ish to avoid strange shadows cutting out random pieces of my body. Enjoy!

Wearing:
White scoopneck tee, F21
Grey boyfriend cardigan, F21
Navy blue and red striped skirt, F21
White low heel pumps, Payless
Turquoise gold chain long necklace, F21
White ruffles handbag, Claire's

All self-timers : ) I realize I wasn't very creative with my poses but casual outfits call for casual poses, eh? I guess the downside to closer up shots is you can see all my tired eye bags hahaha. This mineral stuff doesn't cover it. I will try Revlon Photo Ready next time.

Kind of blurry. This was right when the sun dipped below the horizon. My camera no likey hormonal lighting changes
"Do I put it here?" Haha talking to my camera. At least my legs look skinny from this angle.
I love me some (hot) POCKETS
What's a Pandaphilia post without some craziness involved?
The pretty white purse! Oh no I'm starting to become a purse addict D:
Turquoise with pretty crackling
 Interface
Hope you enjoyed this new style of outfit posts! I have so much new stuff to feature still. Does anyone know how to prevent blisters from heels? My pinky toes are complaining from all my adventures today strutting about. I wonder what I will do tomorrow. Ooh my family is moving to a new place next week so I'll have a new backdrop as well. Changes, changes for the busy relaxing beaver! Have a great one : )

17 comments:

Unknown August 8, 2010 at 1:32 AM   said...

Hot pockets.. LOL you are so cute! I love these pics :D The sunsetting looks so romantic and pretty! Love the pic where you are talking to your camera :) You look skinny in any angle dear!! :D

Anonymous August 8, 2010 at 1:41 AM   said...

Does it sounds pervy if I say you have nice legs? hahah~
You can buy inserts or pads or something for heels... I duno where to get them though (google it!)
The skirt is so cute~

beneath the glass August 8, 2010 at 3:38 AM   said...

you look so adorable! loooove the skirt and bag- and the cardigan! great haul :)

Nav August 8, 2010 at 7:54 AM   said...

great look! the skirt and cardigan are so cute!

x

http://tantrummagazine.blogspot.com/

PetiteXXS August 8, 2010 at 7:56 AM   said...

You look so tired in the first few pics! That is, until the shenanigans came out :) And I agree with shirley that your legs are crazy long!

Jessica August 8, 2010 at 9:01 AM   said...

Agree with petiteXXS :P you look tired on your first pics then ta-da..

hehe.. love your bag, Im no good at choosing bags.. hehehe

♥Bunny♥ August 8, 2010 at 11:16 AM   said...

OMG! I love inception! At the end of the movie, everybody in the theather was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!

I love your cardigan! for some reason, when you wear the cardigan and when you take it off, it looks like a totally different look. I had to scroll back up to see if you changed ot something! Realy really cute ^^

and ofcuz... love your crazy shots!

Ashley Dy August 8, 2010 at 11:29 AM   said...

Love the cardi, Angie!! We have similar necklace!!! Love it so much!!!

Ping August 8, 2010 at 2:03 PM   said...

angie you look so tall in these pics and ur legs look uber long. loving the outfit. i like seeing what people wear on the weekends.

Petite Gorgeous August 8, 2010 at 3:14 PM   said...

This is a very lovely outfit, both from the front and back view! I love a boyfriend cardigan over a skirt :).

Tanya August 8, 2010 at 4:31 PM   said...

Great pictures, you have a great sense of style. I love your skirt and handbag!!

p.s-thank you for leaving me a happy birthday comment. It's really nice of you :)

Libby August 8, 2010 at 5:01 PM   said...

Love the outfit :) Kudos on surviving in that outfit when it so hot out! Haha and I'm glad you can fit the loch ness monster, you know, just in case :p

Unknown August 8, 2010 at 8:37 PM   said...

love you blog!!!!!!!!!!! love this outfit too, fabulous skirt :)

Princess Feef August 9, 2010 at 5:14 AM   said...

oooooh i love this outfit allot =)

Aisa.Paxie August 9, 2010 at 5:29 AM   said...

I love yoour skirt Angie! Love the color. Seems nautical-ish:) You look gorgeous. I loved Inception too!:)

Anonymous August 10, 2010 at 3:07 AM   said...

i loveeeee the skirt on you!!!

the necklace is really cute too, simple but makes a nice statement!

Oreleona August 12, 2010 at 11:25 AM   said...

OMG that purse is beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...